Hotel Puku Vai provides services as follows:
- Bar and Restaurant
- Room Service including the poolside area
- Laundry Service
- Free Wi-Fi internet
- Free Parking.
Additionally, we offer you other services as follows:
- Free Reservation Service (Tours, Rent-a-Car, Dancing Shows, Horseback Riding, Snorkeling, Diving, etc.)
- Free access to a lobby laptop with a Wi-Fi internet
- Free Beach Towels
- Free Board Games (limited availability)
- Free DVD Players (limited availability)
- Free Flight Web Check-in assistance
- Free Hanga Roa Street Maps
- Printing Service.
Hotel Puku Vai is located 3 blocks from the main street. The street address is Av. Hotu Matua s/n.
Regardless of the nearby airport, the location is peaceful since there is only 1-3 daily flights (2 weekly morning and late afternoon flights as well as 1 daily early afternoon flight). Additionally, none of the discos or event centers located in the main street can be heard.
The main attractions of Hanga Roa, including some of the archeological sites such as Ahu Tahai, are at the walking distance from the Hotel Puku Vai. Hiking to volcan Rano Kau or bicyckling to the main beach Anakena are popular choices, as well.
Hotel Puku Vai was constructed to a location that has no archeological or cultural value and, thus, no harm was caused to the heritage of the island. The construction materials were shipped from the mainland Chile to reduce the negative impact to the enviroment of Easter Island to the very minimum.
We serve you in fluent English, Spanish, French and Finnish. Additionally, basic-level German and Swedish are spoken.
Chilean pesos (CLP) and US dollars (USD) are accepted. See Payment Policies for details.
Health and Safety
- There is only a ground floor due to local construction regulations and, thus, there is no stairs.
- All areas of the hotel, including lobby, reception, dining hall, bar, rooms, garden and the poolside can be accessed without stairs.
- Emergency exit routes and fire extinguishers are clearly marked. There are also smoke detectors in the rooms.
- There is a night watch present for your security.
- Bar, restaurant and all rooms are considered as non-smoking areas.
- Water served in the restaurant and bar, including natural juices, drinks and ice cubes, is boiled and then cooled down.
We want to offer best value for money on Easter Island and customer satisfaction is very important to us.
See our ratings and read commentaries on independent web sites such as TripAdvisor.
Hotel Puku Vai is administrated by Hotel Puku Vai Ltda (RUT: 76.113.286-5).
The current administration started on December 2011.
Kia Koe Tour
Our service provider, Kia Koe Tour, is the first and leading Tour Operator on Easter Island, founded 1984.
The resources Kia Koe Tour has – including professional guides and drivers, buses, minibuses and other vehicles – outnumber all other operators on Easter Island.
Complete Programs are packaged services that include Tours by Kia Koe Tour and Accommodation by Hotel Puku Vai.
Complete Programs make visiting Easter Island as comfortable and care-free as possible!
Airport Transfer on Easter Island is provided by Kia Koe Tour and is included in Complete Programs.